The Career Resource Centers offer several types of free career assessments which can be very useful in trying to identify possible major or career directions. Please contact the Career Resource Center at the campus nearest you to make an appointment for one or all of the career assessments. (Not all assessments are available at all campuses.)
DISCOVER is an online career planning program that includes the following:
- 3 Career Inventories: Interests, Values, and Abilities
- Occupational information on hundreds of occupations
- Majors information
- Schools database
- Job search information on resumes, cover letters & interviewing
After completing the assessments, results are displayed on a World of Work map that provides a visual orientation to occupations suggested by assessment results.
Oregon Career Information System (CIS) is a comprehensive online career planning program that includes the following:
- Detailed information for hundreds of occupations, with useful points specific to Oregon (such as current Oregon wages)
- Skills assessment which helps you identify the skills you wish to use in your career
- Extensive schools database
- Several other assessment options, scholarship database and more
Please Understand Me helps you clarify your personality preferences. A variety of occupations are suggested based on your personality type, and a detailed report is provided with your assessment results. Currently, this is only available at Sylvania Campus.
Please Note: Career Assessments will not tell you which occupation or major to select. They will help you understand how majors and occupations fit into the world-of-work, and narrow or expand your major or career options.
Completing DISCOVER & CIS is an active process in which the user needs to be willing to take additional steps after completing the assessments in order to benefit the most from the programs.