Free Seminars on Job Fair Day
Cascade SSB 104 | 971-722-5613 | DeAnne Hardy
Day of Fair Seminars
"How to Network Your Way to a Career"
- 11:00am MAHB 104 (Moriarty Arts and Humanaties Building)
- Taylor Ellwood, Owner of Imagine Your Reality Holistic Business Coaching
Whether you're a job seeker or you already have an established career, knowing how to network can help you advance your career. Networking isn't simply an exchange of business cards. In the presentation you'll learn how to network your way to a career and how to use networking to help you move through your career. By learning how to reach out and connect people, you will establish another way you are valuable to your company and to your community, while also helping people get what they need and want.
"Effective Six Second Resumes"
- 11:30am MAHB 215 (Moriarty Arts and Humanaties Building)
- Gary Coleman, Passionate Job Coach empowering clients to be successful in a competitive marketplace
Workshop description to come.
"Where is My Coffee Cup?"
- 12:00pm MAHB 214 (Moriarty Arts and Humanaties Building)
- Monica Schneider-Anthony, author of "Where is My Coffee Cup?"
“Hazy goals produce hazy results.” To be a successful job seeker you need clarity about where you fit best. A career plan that uses Identification of Job Setting can help you beat the odds of finding job satisfaction in a good person-environment fit. You can network and interview more effectively when you identify your preferred job setting. Monica has over 20 years of career development expertise. She has written a workbook to guide the process of finding the best place to put yourself (your coffee cup!). Give this approach a try!
"Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies"
- 12:30pm MAHB 104 (Moriarty Arts and Humanaties Building)
- Joshua Waldman, Author, CEO and Founder of Career Enlightenment
Joshua Waldman is the author of Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies. His advice has been published on Forbes, International Business Times and Mashable. Attend this free seminar to learn how to easily harness social media sites and brand yourself online. Joshua: “You have more control over your career than you ever thought possible. Through the strategic and effective use of social media, you can decide what your next dream job is going to be.” Join us for this seminar!
"Who Do I Want to Work For? A new twist on that old job search"
- 1:00pm MAHB 214 (Moriarty Arts and Humanaties Building)
- DreamPath Team
This highly interactive session will enable attendees to research companies they want to work for and use that as a starting point for their career search. We will do live research on some (popular) companies and roles to provide valuable insight into your own dream companies!
- Identify companies that match your interests, education, experience and philosophy
- Each attendee selects 2-3 companies each based on the above research
- Do in-depth research on 5-10 companies that your peers (and yourself) want to work for
- A quick walk-thru of DreamPath tool works to speed up all of this company research
- Valuable takeaways [guides] so attendees can do this research on their own or with a group of classmates