Day of Fair Seminars
"Resumes: Be Current, Be Effective, GET Hired"
- 11:30am MAHB 104 (Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building)
- Doug Goodrum, Founder/Executive Director of Career Resources Network (the CRN)
Without a good Resume, you may not go further than the "5-10 second glance" a future employer's busy schedule has time for. So, the Resume is merely a tool to help them RE...SUME considering you, or (unfortunately) not to. For example, it should (among many other purposes):
- Tell employers who you are and what you can do
- Quantify your strengths and accomplishments in a clear and concise fashion
- Give employers reasons why they should hire you - it is your marketing brochure
- and so much more, so
In this exciting and jam-packed 30-minute seminar, we will present the Resume What and Why.
Feel free to bring a printed copy of your Resume. Time allowing, the guest speaker might be able to spend some one-on-one with you since the Resume should be...a team effort!
"Job Searching with Social Media For Dummies"
- 12:30pm MAHB 104 (Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building)
- Marsha Warner, Trainer for Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies
Attend this seminar to learn how to easily harness social media sites and brand yourself online. Joshua Waldman, "You have more control over your career than you ever thought possible. Through the strategic and effective use of social media, you can decide what your next dream job is going to be." Join us for this seminar!
"Interview Like a Pro"
- 2:00pm MAHB 104 (Moriarty Arts and Humanities Building)
- Toastmasters, District 7
Whether you're a job seeker or you already have an established career, knowing how to network can help you advance your career. Networking isn't simply an exchange of business cards.