Patti Garland (pictured right, with Ruth Egert on the left)
earned a Gerontology degree from PCC, including
three terms of Cooperative Education.
Companies of all sizes, in both the public and private sector hire co-op students.
- The job site must offer experience directly related to your career goals.
- The work experience should provide you an opportunity for new learning and skill development.
- Your job site supervisor must be available and willing to train, supervise and evaluate you, and to communicate with your college coordinator.
- Your present job may qualify as a co-op site.
- While employers are not obligated to hire you after your experience, offers have been made to participants after successful completion.