All returns must be accompanied by the original dated store receipt and picture ID. See the specific policy for each type of product below.
- Textbook Return Policy
- Textbook returns must be accompanied by the original dated receipt and picture ID.
- Refunds given through the first week of the term.
- One day class books cannot be returned.
- Books must be returned in the same condition as when purchased.
- Refunds are not available for digital books.
- Refunds are not available for electronic books that have been removed from their shrink wrap or that have had their access codes revealed.
- Manufacturer defects will be replaced when returned with original receipt within 30 days of purchase.
- Software Return Policy
- All software returns must be accompanied by the original dated receipt within 10 calendar days.
- Software must be in unopened original packaging (all original seals and shrink wrap must be intact).
- Software returns must be approved by Panther-Tek staff prior to return. Adobe software products are not returnable.
- Non-Computer Electronics Return Policy
- Manufacturer defects will be replaced when returned with original receipt within 30 days of purchase pending Panther-Tek inspection.
- Manufacturer defects occurring after 30 days from purchase need to be handled directly with manufacturer.
- Computer Hardware Return Policy
- Not returnable unless pre-approved by the manufacturer.
- We will work with customers to facilitate manufacturer warranty repairs.
- DOA computers must be returned within 24 hours of purchase.
- Merchandise Return Policy
- Product must be accompanied by original dated receipt within 10 days.
- Product must be in original packaging and condition.
Can I return my book if I bought the wrong one?
Yes. You must have the original receipt, and books must be returned before the end of the first week of the term in the same condition as when they were purchased.
Can I return books ordered online?
Yes, although shipping charges are not refundable. If you wish to return books purchased online, include a copy of your receipt or packing slip. We cannot guarantee appropriate credit without a copy of the receipt or packing slip. Textbooks must be returned before the end of the first week of the term.
How will my money be refunded?
Refunds will be made in the original form of payment. (Payments made by check or debit will be refunded in cash). No cash refunds are given for financial aid charges or third party billing purchases.
Terms of Agreement
My signature indicates my agreement with the following rental terms:
- I accept responsibility to return my rental book(s) by the date on my receipt, in re-sellable condition to any PCC bookstore location. The library is not able to accept rental book returns.
- If I fail to return my rental book(s) by the date on my receipt, the credit card I used to secure the rental will be charged for the full used retail price of the book(s). Note: the rental fee I paid today is not applied to the retail price charged.
- Rental books that have:
- any type of liquid/water damage
- ripped pages or covers
- stains or soiling of any type
- I may return my rental book(s) for a full refund by the refund deadline, with the RECEIPT, and in accordance with the Standard PCC Bookstore Return Policy.
- By bringing my RECEIPT and my G# to the customer service counter BEFORE THE END OF THE TERM, I can have the rental fee I paid today applied toward the purchase price of the book, should I decide I would like to own it.
Orders placed for in store pickup that have not been claimed by the date indicated on the receipt (generally the end of the 3rd week of the term) will be refunded minus a restocking fee as follows:
- Order amount $1.00 – $100.00: $10.00 fee
- Order amount $100.01 – $249.99: $15.00 fee
- Orders over $250.00: $25.00 fee