Youth Action Grants
CC101| Sylvania Campus | 971-722-4361 | email@example.com | Monday -Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm (fall, winter and spring terms) - hours subject to change
Got Ideas? Make them a reality!
2013 Grants Cycle
· A pool of $10,000 is available for community based projects initiated, designed and ran by youth 21 and under.
· The Youth Action Grants program may offer grants of up to $1,000 to youth in Portland who want to take action that makes Our Bill of Rights: Children + Youth a reality!
Youth Projects Must:
· Include “Our Bill of Rights: Children + Youth” – The Bill of Rights is the official vision for the youth rights, adopted by both the City Council and the County Board. Your Project needs to represent one or more of the articles in the bill.
· Be Planned and Carried Out by Youth – Youth 21 and under should be the primary organizers of your project. Your project must also benefit other youth in the City of Portland beyond those who are organizing the project.
· Create Strong Youth-Adult Partnerships. You must have a sponsoring adult partner from a non-profit organization, government agency or school in order for your project to be eligible. We are looking for adults who support youth success and development, not to take over, so that youth leadership can thrive. The sponsoring organization or agency would be the ones to hold onto funds and distribute them for the project.
· Be Short Term – Grant funding must be spent within three months of receiving the money. Y
· Involve as Many People as Possible – Over 5,000 youth from all over Portland and Multnomah County were involved in creating the “Our Bill of Rights: Children + Youth.” We want to ensure that youth are equally a part of taking action. You should engage as many youth and volunteers as possible. Create strong partnerships with youth and adults, collaborating with one another to reach your project goals.
· Be Creative – We are seeking new, exciting and creative ideas. Be bold and use your imagination!
The Associated Students of Portland Community (ASPCC) will be giving workshops for information about Youth Action Grants.
Place: Portland Community College Southeast Campus
Date: January 25, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Place: Portland Community College Cascade Campus
Date: February 2, 2013
Time: 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Place: Portland Community College Sylvania Campus
Date: February 7, 2013
Time: 6:00 pm to 8:00pm