ASPCC SE Team 2014-15
Interested in joining ASPCC SE 2015 - 2016?
We have a great team this year and we're here to serve...YOU!
ASPCC stands for Associated Students of Portland Community College. We are a dedicated group of students and faculty hired to represent you, the students. Stop by MTH-151 and tell us what's important to you and ask us all of those burning college questions, we'll point you in the right direction.
What do we do?
- ASPCC represents the voice of the students at SE Campus. By holding public Council Meetings weekly and by serving on various committees we act as a voice and a student presence where it's needed most.
- Bridges the gap between students and administrators by sitting on committees, taskforces, councils and getting involved with local organizations to advocate and represent the student body. Some examples of committees that we sit on are: Budget Planning Advisory Committee (BPAC), Educational Advisory Council (EAC), and many others. Stop by MTH-151 if your interested in learning about what committees your ASPCC Student Representatives are sitting on.
- Inform students about changes in college policy. Ex: paperless registration and deletion for non-payment.
- Supports cultural diversity, free speech, fairness and equality for all. We're a diverse campus at SE and it is ASPCC's duty to help to unite us all as a community.
- Empowers and promotes student interest and involvement through different clubs, programs and activities. Check out our Facebook page to keep updated on all the events and activities or check out the Current Events page. It is our duty and pleasure to plan, organize, and coordinate on-campus and off-campus social, recreational, and educational events. Most ASPCC events are free to students. Ex: Bicycle Fair, Movie Night, and Pizza with President.
- We serve as the bridge between students and PCC's faculty and staff in order to build a stronger feeling of community, support and understanding.
- We act as compass to campus life. We help students get oriented to the campus and services located around them.
- ASPCC advocates on behalf of students at the State Capital for tuition equity, grants and other issues impacting students.
- Seeks out student issues and make recommendations to administrators for improvement.
To learn more about us, come visit the ASPCC Southeast Hub in Mt. Tabor Hall Room 154, located at the West end of the Great Hall.
What Is our Mission?
Our mission as student leaders is to advocate on behalf of the student body in order to enhance the educational experience at PCC. We are a dedicated group of students and staff devoted to bringing awareness and action in: community service, access to resources, creating and promoting cultural awareness, environmental sustainability, and breaking barriers to support all students. Our vision is to create a bond between students, faculty, staff, administration and the outlining community by working together to create a positive learning environment and a safe and flourishing diverse community.
This is a hate free campus. We recognize the inherent goodness of all people, regardless of race, creed, color, disability, personal opinion, sexual orientation, or any of the countless other features that characterize us. We honor the humanity that joins us and we celebrate the differences that distinguish us.