Rock Creek Resources
- Queer Resource Center
- Bldg 3, Room 128B, 971-722-7015
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Student Counseling: Rock Creek
- Bldg 9, 971-722-7300
- Dean of Students
- Narce Rodriguez, 971-722-7249
- Affirmative Action
- Downtown Center, 3rd Floor. 971-722-5841
- Human Resources
- Downtown Center, 322. 971-722-5850
- Campus Public Safety: Rock Creek
- Non-emergency 971-722-4902, Emergency 971-722-4444
Local LGBTQ Support and Advocacy Resources
Basic Rights Oregon
- "Basic Rights Oregon will ensure that all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories."
PFLAG (Parents, Families & Friends of Lesbians and Gays)
- Portland Chapters: http://pflagpdx.org/wordpress/
- Forest Grove Chapter: Phone, (503) 232-7676. Address, PO Box 796 Forest Grove, OR 97116
- "PFLAG promotes the health and well-being of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons, their families and friends through: support, to cope with an adverse society;education, to enlighten an ill-informed public; and advocacy, to end discrimination and to secure equal human rights."
- "Pivot is a community space dedicated to the health and wellness of gay/bi/trans and all men into men with a focus on sexual health and HIV. We offer a variety of programming that is both social and educational in nature, a drop in space (that’s right, sip our coffee and use our free WiFi, watch a queer film on our big flat screen TV, meet someone new), as well as STD & HIV testing."
SMYRC (The Sexual and Gender Minority Youth Resource Center)
- Drop-in: "...A safe, supervised, harassment-free, and alcohol- and drug-free space for sexual & gender minority youth 23 and younger. Youth gather to participate in positive activities like art, music, community organizing, youth development, education, peer support, support groups, case management, counseling, and job readiness preparation."
- Washington County Pride Project: "...A program for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning youth in Washington County, ages 12 through 21."
- Umbrella Community Counseling: "...Affordable, sliding-scale counseling to LGBTQ people of all ages, and FREE counseling to LGBTQ youth 23 and younger. OHP payments are also accepted."
The Living Room
"The Living Room is a safe haven for GLBTQQ youth in Clackamas County, Oregon. Our programs are open to youth between the ages of 14 and 20."
- "TransActive is an internationally recognized non-profit focused on serving the diverse needs of transgender (TG) and gender nonconforming (GNC) children, youth, their families and allies....Our award-winning staff specializes in delivering experienced, professional, compassionate and affirming counseling and case management services to children, youth and families."
- "Tranz Guys is a Portland, OR-based inclusive peer-support/discussion/social group for those assigned female at birth who now identify otherwise, such as: trans, MTO, genderfluid, MTM, transman, genderqueer, affirmed male, boi, FTM, male, butch, two-spirit, bi-gender, Ag/Aggressive, transsexual, 3rd gender, androgynous, intersex, questioning and/or, etc."
- Meetings are every 3rd Sunday of the month at Q Center, 6pm-8pm
- "Q Center provides a safe space to support and celebrate LGBTQ diversity, visibility and community building. Q Center is a 501c3 non-profit organization which offers multi-generational programs and services in four core areas: Arts & Culture; Education & Training; Health & Wellness and Advocacy."
- "There are dozens of events and groups that meet here, some focused on specific topics (like coming out or gender identity) and others aimed at fun social interactions (like sing-along piano cabarets or craft nights). Entry to most of these is sliding-scale and run by dedicated volunteers, keeping Q Center truly community-driven and accessible."
National LGBTQ Support and Advocacy Resources
- GLAAD (The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation)
- GLSEN (Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network)
- Lambda Legal
"GLAAD amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively. By ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are heard through the media, GLAAD promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality."
"GLSEN is the leading national education organization focused on ensuring safe schools for all students. Established in 1990, GLSEN envisions a world in which every child learns to respect and accept all people, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. GLSEN seeks to develop school climates where difference is valued for the positive contribution it makes to creating a more vibrant and diverse community."
"LGBT people and people with HIV need advocates in every part of the country, and Lambda Legal’s expert staff works for equality in five offices around the country—New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles. We also maintain a national network of volunteer Cooperating Attorneys. In addition, we operate a Legal Help Desk to respond directly to queries from those who seek legal information and assistance with discrimination related to sexual orientation, gender identity and expression."
LGBTQ-Affirming Health and Safety Resources
- Mental Health Emergencies
- Washington County Crisis Line: (503)291-9111
- Multnomah County Crisis Line: (503)988-4888
- Suicide Prevention
- The Trevor Lifeline: 866-488-7386
- Domestic and Sexual Assault
- Bradley-Angle House: (503)281-2442
- SARC (Sexual Assault Resource Center): (503)640-5311
- Portland Women's Crisis Line: (503)235-5333
- HIV and AIDS
- Oregon AIDS Hotline: (503)223-AIDS
Local and National Health and Safety Resources
- Bradley-Angle House
- "Bradley Angle provides culturally-relevant, anti-oppressive support and advocacy for self-identified LGBTQ folks of all genders who are surviving abuse. LGBTQ support services are kink- and poly-friendly and inclusive of the wide variety of identities within the LGBTQ community."
- "Our services are free and confidential. They include support groups, healthy relationships classes, individual advocacy, resource referrals, safety planning, basic needs assistance, and shelter/housing assistance."
- CAP (Cascade AIDS Project)
- "Cascade AIDS Project helps people put their lives back together; to secure housing, find essential medical care and deal with the countless issues that make the difference between giving up or getting up and going on. With HIV and AIDS, the huge emotional and financial burden to all affected by it can be staggering … Shelter, life skills training, and emotional support; these are what CAP provides."
- Planned Parenthood: Columbia Willamette
- "Planned Parenthood Columbia Willamette (PPCW) is the largest non-profit family planning and reproductive rights organization in Oregon and Southwest Washington…Our mission is to provide, promote, and protect access to sexual and reproductive health care."
- The Trevor Project
"The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth."