LGBTQ Allies and Families
The QRC realizes that if there is to be an open and safe campus community that we need the help of our Allies. Very often members of our community simply do not know that they are making actions or using language that can cause risk to queer people.
We have gathered some material to help our hopeful Allies spread the word about how to build a strong and inclusive community. These pages will help you to learn and laugh with us, and help to make a safe place for everyone.
- How do I know if I'm acting as a useful Ally?
- Learn about the Ally Continuum and see where actions and responses toward queer people lie between homophobia to support and protection.
- How can I be a better Ally?
- There are a lot of small, simple things that everyone can do to be a better Ally.
- Tips for Trans Allies
- You can help make safe spaces for transpeople by keeping a few things in mind.