ASPCC Rock Creek Student Congress
Bldg. 3, Rm. 128 | Student Center Help Desk Phone: 971-722-7379 | Email: Student Center Help Desk
ASPCC Student Leadership Bylaws
ASPCC Student Congress Minutes
|September 30, 2013|
|October 7, 2013|
|October 14, 2013|
|October 21, 2013|
|October 28, 2013|
|November 4, 2013|
|November 18, 2013|
|Nobember 25, 2013|
|December 2, 2013|
|January 13, 2013|
|January 27, 2013|
|February 3, 2013|
|February 10, 2013|
|February 17, 2013|
|February 24, 2013|
|March 3, 2013|
|March 10, 2013|
|April 7, 2013|
|April 14, 2013|
|April 21, 2013|
|April 28, 2013|
|May 5, 2013|
|May 12, 2013|
|May 19, 2013|
|June 2, 2013|
ASPCC Student Congress Committee Assignments
Arts Lecture Committee
- Purpose: To plan gallery receptions, artist’s talks, literary readings, and a series of interdisciplinary lectures on art and its connection to other disciplines such as biology, music and history. We have also formed regular symposia or open workshops on topics in acting and theatrical collaboration. These events have been free and open to the public and are often very well attended.
- Chair: Mark Andres
- Meeting Times: Oct. 8 1-1:45pm B3 Rm. 124
Auxiliary Services Committee
- Purpose: To hear from the parking, food services, book store, and other auxiliary services administrators about what is going on in their departments.
- Chair: Linda Eden (email@example.com)
- Meeting Times: Will be set once rep is assigned (For scheduling purposes)
Bond Committee (BISC)
- Purpose: To provides direction for the completion of bond projects at PCC Rock Creek.
- Chair: Dave Rule
- Meeting times: Every second Monday of the term 1:30-3:30pm
Board of Director’s Meetings
- Purpose: To set policy for the Portland Community College district.
- Committee Make up: PCC Board of Directors. The students and the faculty and classified union representatives are asked to provide reports at this meeting. This is to be accomplished in 5 minutes. Many administrators attend these meetings.
- Meeting times: Usually second Thursday of the month 7-9pm *Check on PCC website
Budget Planning Advisory Council
- Purpose: To make budget planning recommendations to the President
- Chair: Wing Kit Chung
- Meeting Times: First Thursday of the month 3-4:30pm starting Oct. 4 @ Sylvania Conference Room A & B of the CC Building
The Green Initiative Fund - TGIF
- Purpose: To administer the green fund – this is an application process where staff and students can apply for money to promote green campaigns and initiatives
- Chair: Mandy Ellertson and Erin Stanforth
- Meeting Times: Friday December 9th 2:00pm
SLT – Sustainability Leadership Team
- Purpose: To help make policy recommendations to President Pulliams about strategies PCC can implement to meet the requirements of signing on to the college “President’s Energy Commitment”.
- Chairs: Erin Stanforth
- Meeting Times: Third Wednesday of each month from 11 – 1
District Student Representatives
Purpose: To serve as a united voice of the four campus student government bodies. The agenda of this organization is set by the students on a yearly basis. Issues include, but are not limited to….student activity fee, legislative issues, college wide policy issues, etc…
- Chair: Jonathan Mena
- Meeting Times: First Friday of the month 9-12pm (location rotates)
District Programming Board
- Purpose: To create a united effort between the four campus to program activities and events of interest to a broad range of people. The programs attempted by this organization are set by the students on a yearly basis. Former events include, but are not limited to….End of Year Celebration, Starlight Parade Float, Bowling Night…..
- Chair: Rotates depending on meeting location
- Meeting Times: Once a month or as decided by the group.
Education Advisory Committee
- Purpose: To propose policies to the campus president that affect both the academic and student services entities of the college. This committee looks at curriculum issues, student development policies, and proposed changes to the college budget, etc….
- Chair: Sylvia Gray
- Meeting Times: Third Wednesday of every month from 3 – 5. Location rotates from campus to campus
Library Advisory Committee
- Purpose: To make recommendations to Library personnel about policies, procedures, and initiatives related to the library.
- Chair: Ivan Kidoguchi
- Meetings Times: 2nd Friday of each month First meeting is Nov 2 11-1pm Sylvania CC/Cedar Room
Rock Creek Multicultural Committee
- Purpose: To develop activities and programs that reflects the student population at Rock Creek as well as engage the campus community on issues that relate to multiculturalism. This committee sponsors a variety of events each year. The group is attempting to put together a signature event for the RC Campus entitled “Semana de la Raza”, MLK Day On, and International Education Week.
- Chair: Lida Rafia
- Meeting Times: TBA – Meets on campus
Rock Creek Student Leadership Team
- Purpose: To review issues and policies impacting the college – in particularly the Rock Creek campus.
- Chair: David Rule
- Meeting Times: Last Monday of each month 9-11am
Open Mic, Open Mind Planning Committee
- Purpose: To plan events at the OMOP and to discuss topics to bring to this area.
- Chair: TBD
- *Mandy &Axkana will have to begin a new initiative w/ this. Sonnleitner is no longer available
- Meeting Times: TBA – Meets on campus
Oregon Community College Student Association
- Purpose: To create a united student voice between the 17 community colleges in the state of Oregon.
- Chair: TBA
- Meeting Times: Friday evening and the following Saturday morning once a month. These meetings are held on different college campuses around the state of Oregon.
Student Development Council
- Purpose: To propose policies to the Educational Advisory Council that affect student services. This committee looks at student development policies.
- Chair: Luis Rodriguez Garcia
- Meeting Times: Once a month. 2nd Thursday 2-4pm
New Committee on Improving Student Communication (TBA)
Financial Literacy Education Committee
- Chair: Stedman Bailey and Rhonda Boyd
- Meeting times: 3rd Friday of each month 9-11am at CLIMB 304 (Oct. 19, Nov. 16, and Dec 21)
Title III District Steering Committee
- Chair: Veronica Garcia and Rhonda Boyd
- Meeting times: 9-10:30am on Oct 17, Jan 16, March 20, and May 15. First meeting – Downtown Center, Rose Room (Oct 17th)