Your ASPCC Student Leadership Team 2016-2017 Coming Soon!
ASPCC stands for Associated Students of Portland Community College. ASPCC is the student government that represents student needs and serves as a united voice for students on campus. We advocate for students in committees district-wide and bring a student opinion to the table when discussing issues such as educational programs, allocation of funds, bond measures, security, transportation, cafeteria issues, legislative advocacy, textbooks, facilities, and much, much more! In short, we make sure that PCC takes students into account when deciding on it's varied policies.
Please check out general council meetings that are held every Monday from 3-5pm in the Student Union Building Rm. 204; these are open to the public.
ASPCC Goal Themes
- We collaborate with students, staff and faculty to nurture and celebrate the unique PCC community through outings, events, ongoing projects and celebrations.
- We encourage robust dialogue through weekly public meetings, ongoing participation in campus affairs and a thriving student run newspaper.
- We promote sustainable practices on Cascade campus and throughout the PCC district. We engage in dialogue and provide education opportunities highlighting ecological issues.
- We strive for access to higher education for all. We increase retention and completion of degrees by advocating for and providing support services.
- Engaged Citizenship
- With a goal of registering 1,000 Cascade students in the first three weeks of fall term, and by providing opportunities to lobby throughout the year, we encourage student involvement in the legislative process. We orchestrate education campaigns and provide opportunities to participate in social movements with the aim of a more just world.
- We promote diversity awareness through ongoing outreach events and programs. We support visibility, solidarity and empowerment.