Bike Rental Program
Cascade SC 03 | 971-722-5438 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Cascade Bike Rental Program!
What's stopping YOU from riding your BIKE to school?! Oh, you don't have a bike? Let us fix that! Rent one from ASPCC for $15 per term! Bikes may be checked out for the duration of one or a maximum of three consecutive terms.
The Bike Rental Program is the newest program from ASPCC Cascade starting winter 2012. We currently have a fleet of 50 mountain and hybrid style bikes.
What a mere $15 per term gets you....
- A ready-to-ride mountain or hybrid bike
- All bikes come equipped with fenders, a rack, lights, a bell and a sturdy U-Lock
- You also get a helmet which is yours to keep
- Plastic seat covers to keep your saddle dry
- Free advice, support, and basic adjustments by an experienced mechanic
That's just $5 a month - or the price of two Trimet bus tickets! (The getting in shape and having fun part is free.)
OK, so I want to apply!
- Awesome sauce! Fill out an application (available at the ASPCC Underground in the Student Center) and hand it back in at the counter.
- Your information will be verified to determine eligibility – you must be a Cascade Student taking at least 6 credits and in good standing with the college to qualify. If you do not qualify, we will notify you by email.
- Waiting lists generally exist, and it may take us a while to process your application. You will be notified when your name comes up on the waiting list. We will let you know via email when we have a bike for you that is in your size. Once a bike has been assigned to you, we will hold your bike assignment for up to one week. Bikes that aren't picked up are made available to other students.
- Once you have received your bike assignment via email, come to the ASPCC Underground at the time we arrange with you. Bring a bag for your goodies, 15 minutes of your time, your student ID with current term sticker, and $15 in cash for each rental term. We do not take debit cards or financial aid. An ATM is available in the hallway one floor up, in front of the library.
The ASPCC Cascade Bike Program launched in January 12, 2012 to increase access to affordable, reliable, and sustainable transportation. Through the integration of long-term bicycle loans, education, and recreation, the Cascade Bike Program will enhance the physical and cultural development of students.
What's the rule?
- Bikes may be checked out for the duration of one or a maximum of three consecutive terms. A usage fee of $15 per term will be due at the time of the contract/check out. We only accept cash, no financial aid.
- Bicycles are valued at $400 with their accessories. If not returned, a $400 hold plus a maximum in $50 late fees will be placed on borrower’s account.
- Dropping below 6 credits after the first two weeks of the term will disqualify the student from the Cascade Bike Program.
- Student must not hold a four-year or graduate degree to receive a bike.
- Providing inaccurate information may result in disqualification from the Bike Program.
- Bikes are rented on a first-come-first-served basis, by order of wait list.
- It is student’s responsibility to report any changes in address or academic eligibility to Perry Eising at the ASPCC Underground.
- Student has complete responsibility in maintaining the bicycle. PCC shall be held harmless in any dispute and/or litigation.
Dude, where's my bike?
- You are responsible for the safety of the bike and preventing theft while it is in your possession. Student may have to pay up $400 to replace a lost or stolen bike, depending on circumstances. An appropriate lock is provided, and instruction in preventing loss of the bike or bike components is given when the student receives the bike.
- If the bicycle or parts of the bike are stolen, file a police report online or by calling 503-823-3333. Then contact Bike Program staff as soon as possible so we can work with you to resolve the issue.
What's that noise? When the damage is done...
- Basic adjustments, flat fixes, and diagnostic services are available free of charge for all PCC Rental bikes. Stop by at the shed to talk to Christian, or ask for Perry at the ASPCC Underground counter for assistance.
- Report all issues or damage, to the Bike Program staff as soon as you notice them. That includes strange noises, shifting problems, or other issues. You may be charged if a small issue that is easily fixed develops into a costly problem.
- Please DO NOT try and fix the issue yourself without prior authorization from Bike Program staff. A simple problem can turn into a costly repair or even cause bodily harm if not fixed properly! You may be charged if the bicycle is damaged in a repair attempt you undertook without prior authorization.
Check out our Bike Club Promo Clip here.
Email email@example.com or call 971-722-5438 for more information.