An Overview of Assessment Reporting at PCC
The 2016-2017 assessment reporting templates are accessible at the CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines sub pages. What follows here is an overview of PCC's assessment process. The Learning Assessment Council (LAC) recommends all faculty read this overview and the information unique to CTE and LDC/DE before proceeding with assessment activities.
- Reporting Structure: Assessment planning and reporting happen in two phases. For new assessments, each SAC will complete the planning portion of the Assessment template in the fall, and the end-of-year report (the latter portion of the template) in the spring. When conducting a follow-up assessment (assessing for improvement), SACs will fill out the Reassessment template--with the planning portion still due in the fall and the results portion due in the spring. CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines use unique templates.
- Multi-Year Plan: Periodically, SACs also submit a Multi-Year Plan (MYP). New MYPs are due in Fall 2016.
- For 2016-2017, LDC-DE SACs will conduct and report on one assessment project. Like last year, these SACs may assess/reassess an existing Core Outcome or may assess/reassess an exploratory outcome. CTE SACs shall assess for the LAC one focal degree and/or certificate outcome. It may be one that aligns with a Core Outcome, or it may be something that aligns with an exploratory outcome (e.g., information literacy or computational literacy, etc.)
- Peer Review: At the end of each academic year, all completed assessment reports are reviewed by faculty peers. Peer reviewers are recruited by PCC's Learning Assessment Council and undergo training before being assigned to review teams. Over the summer the peer reviewers look at the plans, reports, summary data (where appropriate), and other documents submitted by their assigned SACs and critique them using a standard rubric. When the feedback forms have been completed, they are saved as pdfs and made available in September to the respective SACs. Copies of the rubrics to be used for 2016-2017 assessment reports will be posted at the CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines sub pages.
- Maintaining Student Confidentiality in assessment reports and artifacts: Read more at Student Permission.
- LAC Coaches: Each Subject Area Committee (SAC) will have an assigned coach to guide it in this year's assessment activities. Some SACs will have the same coach they had last year and others will need to be reassigned. If you have questions or thoughts about coaching assignments, contact LAC vice-chair Wayne Hooke at email@example.com, or call 971.722.4779.
- Questions/Concerns in General? Contact LAC chair Chris Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 971.722.4094.
Award-Winning Assessment Reports in 2015-2016
Exemplary Reports CTE
Note: All of the following links will open to a zip file containing the reports and appendices submitted by each department.
Exemplary Reports LDC-DE
Winning reports for prior years are posted at a public page in Spaces (PCC's wiki): https://spaces.pcc.edu/display/AALAR/Learning+Assessment+Reports+-+Home