Learning Assessment Resources
Assessment Rubrics and Resources
- Excellent Rubrics from AACU - the best!
- There are many great rubrics that might be just perfect for what you are trying to assess here, pulled together by the AACU. You do have to put in your email and institution in order to access them, but that’s it. Some of the best.
- Resource Page on Rubrics for Institutional Assessment
- University of Virginia has great instructions on how to design rubrics for institutional assessment and includes many good examples of rubrics.
- Lots of Good Rubrics here!
- Miami State offers a resource page with many ready-made rubrics, along with instructions and free software for designing your own.
- Online Discussions Grading Rubric
- Sample rubrics for grading student discussions in online classes
- Designing Rubrics for Assessing Higher Order Thinking
- Various rubrics for aspects of critical thinking.
- Holistic Critical Thinking Rubric
- A fine, basic tool for evaluating critical thinking from Insight Assessment.
- Washington State’s Guide to Rating Integrative and Critical Thinking
- One possible rubric on critical thinking.
- Problem solving rubric
- This is a good, basic rubric on problem solving from Bowling Green State University.
- Principles of Good Practice in Assessing Student Learning
- American Association for Higher Education's article on assessing student learning.
- Comprehensive Collection of all Learning Assessment Resources
- The North Carolina State University Planning and Analysis site keeps a resource list of articles, sites, and forums covering many elements of learning assessment.
PSU Portfolio Rubrics
Each year PSU uses rubrics to assess portfolios made by students enrolled in Freshman Inquiry courses. Here are the rubrics currently in use.