An Overview of Assessment Reporting at PCC
The 2014-2015 assessment reporting templates are available on the CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines sub pages. What follows here is an overview of PCC's assessment process. The Learning Assessment Council (LAC) recommends all faculty read this overview and the information unique to CTE and LDC/DE before proceeding with assessment activities.
- Reporting Structure: Assessment planning and reporting happen in two phases. For new assessments, each SAC will complete the planning portion of the Assessment template in the fall and the end-of-year report (the latter portion of the template) in the spring. When conducting a follow-up assessment (assessing for improvement), SACs will fill out the Reassessment template--with the planning portion still due in the fall and the results portion due in the spring. CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines use unique templates.
- Multi-Year Plan: Periodically, SACs also submit a Multi-Year Plan (MYP). No MYP is due in 2014-2015; however, SACs needing to revise a previously-submitted plan may do so at any time. Send revisions to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate your attachment is a revised MYP. Lost your template? We've posted pdfs of the Multi-Year Plan and help guide at each of the CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines sub pages.
- Peer Review: At the end of each academic year, all completed assessment reports are reviewed by faculty peers. Peer reviewers are recruited by PCC's Learning Assessment Council and undergo training before being assigned to review teams. Over the summer the peer reviewers look at the plans, reports, summary data (where appropriate), and other documents submitted by their assigned SACs and critique them using a standard rubric. When the feedback forms have been completed, they are saved as pdfs and made available in September to the respective SACs. A preview of the rubric to be used for 2014-2015 assessment reports is posted at the CTE Programs and LDC/DE Disciplines sub pages.
- Maintaining Student Confidentiality in assessment reports and artifacts: Read more at Student Permission.
- LAC Coaches: In an effort to balance coach workload, coaches are not preassigned to SACs this year. If you would like to be connected with a coach, contact LAC vice-chair Michele Marden at email@example.com, or call 971.722.4786.
- Questions/Concerns in General? Contact LAC chair Wayne Hooke at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 971.722.4779.
Last Year's Award-Winning Assessment Reports
2013-2014 SAC Winners (announced September 2014)
|Exemplary Reports CTE||Exemplary Reports LDC/DE|
Winning reports for 2012-2013 and prior have migrated to Spaces. Faculty may access their SAC's page at https://spaces.pcc.edu/dashboard.action. Use your my.pcc.edu login and password to enter.