LDC/DE 2014-2015 Assessment Reporting
LAC Chair: Wayne Hooke | 971-722-4779 | email@example.com [opens in new window] [opens in new window]; LAC Vice-Chair: Michele Marden | 971-722-4786 | [opens in new window]firstname.lastname@example.org
2014-2015 LDC/DE's LAC Reporting Templates, Due Dates and Process
Annual assessment of student learning projects should match the assessment cycle given in the Multi-Year Plan. Click on this link to view LDC/DE Multi-Year Plans on file.
Want to see what the Peer Reviewers will be looking for in your 2014-2015 report? Click here to view a copy of the Summer 2015 Peer Review Feedback Checklist for LDC/DE.
Due Dates & Templates
- November 7, 2014: Planning sections of the LAC Assessment and Reassessment Reports--Sections 1 through 3E only!
- Use the LAC Assessment Report Form for an initial assessment, or
- Use the LAC Reassessment Report Form for a follow-up assessment.
- Help Guide for LDC/DE Assessment & Reassessment Report Forms
Most LDC/DE SACs will be submitting two annual reports; however, your SAC should follow what is given on your Multi-Year Plan.
If you are using an assessment design that captures two or more Core Outcomes, use a separate report for each outcome, even if assessing all in a single project.
In some cases, all of the information needed to complete the section may not be available at the time the report is written. In those cases, the missing information can be inserted when submitting the completed report at the end of the year.
- November 7, 2014: Changes to Multi-Year Plan, if applicable.
- June 19, 2015: Completed LAC Assessment and Reassessment Reports (Sections 4 through 7D) and corrections, if any, to the planning sections completed earlier in the year. This may include changes in process and/or completing information that wasn't decided or available when the planning section of the report was due.
Submit ALL documents to: email@example.com
PCC's LDC/DE Disciplines Reporting Process
Assessment is an ongoing activity where SACs submit yearly reports. LDC and DE SACs have a collective responsibility to ensure students are attaining the outcomes of the transfer and general education degrees (AS, ASOT/B, AAOT, and AGS). The institutional outcomes, aka Core Outcomes, are the basis of these degrees.
LDC and DE SACs should assess at least four of the six Core Outcomes robustly on a cycle of at least two per year. Ideally, LDC and DE SACs assess all six Core Outcomes. An assessment cycle typically involves two stages:
- An initial assessment from which the SAC decides on appropriate responses to the findings; followed by...
- A reassessment that explores the effectiveness of the SAC's response to the initial assessment.
See your SAC's Multi-Year Plan for assessment.
Assessment reports submitted by SACs undergo peer review each summer. Feedback is available to SAC members at PCC's wiki page known as Spaces. Questions about peer review feedback? Read Wayne Hooke's "Making Sense of Your Peer Review Feedback/LDC-DE."
Questions? Concerns? Contact LAC chair Wayne Hooke at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 971.722.4779.