LDC 2013-2014 Plans and Reports
Lower Division Collegiate (LDC, or transferable) and Developmental Education (DE) Disciplines
Assessment is an ongoing activity where SACs submit yearly reports. LDC SACs have a collective responsibility to ensure students are attaining the outcomes of the transfer and general education degrees (AS, ASOT/B, AAOT, and AGS). The institutional, or Core Outcomes, are the basis of these degrees.
LDC SACs should assess at least four of the six Core Outcomes robustly on a cycle of at least two per year. Ideally, LDC SACs assess all six Core Outcomes.
General Information for 2013-2014:
- Different Reporting Structure: Annual assessment reporting has been broken up into two parts: Annual Plan (AP) and End-of-Year (EOY) Report. Deadlines for each are given below.
- Multi-Year Plan: Periodically, Subject Area Committees (SACs) also submit a Multi-Year Plan. This is due this year.
- Opt-in to New Template Format: SACs can choose to opt-in to the new template structure (called Option 1). We hope that most SACs will choose Option 1 and provide feedback on the new templates. However, for this year, SACs may choose to use the templates that are similar to last year's reporting form (called Option 2). The same option should be chosen for both the Annual Plan (AP) and the End-of-Year (EOY) Report.
- Assessment Highlights from SAC Chair Inservice: 2013 Highlights from SAC Chair Inservice
- Maintaining Student Confidentiality: It is critical to protect student confidentiality in assessment reports by removing student names, G numbers, employer names, and other descriptors in summary data that could be linked to specific students.
- Questions/Concerns?: Contact your assessment coach 2013-2014 LAC SAC Coaches
2013-2014 Reporting Options
Choose Option 1 or 2 below. Do not mix forms from multiple sets.
Option 1 - New Reporting Format
*End-of-Year (EOY) Report Template - updated 5/29, 4:40 pm Due 6/20/2014 (No Help Guide; Contact LAC SAC coach for assistance)
*Note: Due to a mishap when fixing the template structure to enable typing in the form, the EOY hyperlink from 5/7 to 5/29 was a prior version of the template. Fortunately, the differences were minor for LDC and there is no need to update to the new form posted on 5/29 at 4:40 pm. However, if you wish to have the updated version, the correct EOY template has the heading "End-of-Year (EOY) Report for Assessment of Outcomes LDC" and a date of 5/29 on the bottom left of the first page.
Option 2 - Last-Year's Format with Modifications
LDC Annual Plan Template Due 1/17/2014
End-of-Year (EOY) Report Template Due 6/20/2014 - Important note: The EOY hyperlink directed viewers over the Memorial Day Weekend to the wrong document. If you accessed this template May 23 - 26, please discard it and use the version posted now. We regret any inconvenience this may have caused.
Send finished plans to firstname.lastname@example.org.