Portland Community College | Portland, Oregon


Master's degree or higher in Music (MM, MS, MA, PhD, or DMA)

Music theory and sight singing/ear training courses (MUS 111, 111C, 112, 112C, 113, 113C, 211A, 211B, 212, 212B, 213, 213B), in addition to one of the degrees listed above, require a minimum of six graduate quarter credits in music theory.

Music performance courses and all MUP courses (applied music lessions), MUS131, 153A-C, 158A-F, 195A-F, 220A- F, 221A-F require one of the degrees listed above or the equivalent professional experience (six or more years of regular performing, conducting, recording and /or teaching).


Revised October 2014

MUS Instructor Requirements Prior to October 2014