Skip to page content
- Goal: Global statement of what an individual, group or organization wants to achieve.
- Jane Smith decides that she wants to run a marathon in 2005.
- Objective: A clear, concise, and understandable statement that relates directly to a goal.
Objectives are typically stated in terms of results, begin with an action verb and are measurable.
- Jane designs a multi-tiered training schedule to accomplish her goal.
- Jane researches and formulates a diet that will prepare her body for long-distance running.
- Task: A specific activity that leads toward the accomplishment of an objective. Tasks are
usually on a set timeline and small measurable achievements. Tasks are evaluated based on whether
or not they meet the objectives. Tasks can be changed to meet the objective based upon on-going
feedback throughout the process.
- Jane follows scheduled training runs as part of her training plan.
- Jane follows a dietary plan that is part of her training plan.