Timeline for Approval
Wondering when your new course or degree will be implemented? See the general timelines on this page for more information. These timelines are already tight for the Curriculum Office, and for the faculty who need to secure the signatures, so shortening the time between submission and review date is not possible. For specific dates that courses and degrees will be available to teach, see the 2013-2014 Timeline for Approval.
General Timeline for Approvals
|Type of Development...||General Timeline for Approval...|
|New and revised courses||After committee approval*, it takes about 3-4 months before they are available to be taught at PCC.|
|New degrees, new options for existing degrees, and new certificates||After committee approval*, it takes about 8-9 months before they are available.|
|Revised degrees and certificates||After committee approval*, it takes about 3-4 months before they are available.|
Considerations Which Can Impact the Timeline:
- Courses and degree/certificate changes must be submitted in the same month in order for timeline to be successful.
- No major holdups internally or by the state i.e. adverse impact, internal discussion etc.
Important Information for Planning
- All CTE courses must be attached to an approved AAS degree or certificate before offering.
- Degrees/Certificates must be approved by State before offering or advertising.
- New degree/certificates will use the start of the term after state approval as the implementation.
- The goal is to have new and revised courses in Banner and available to be scheduled one week before the first download for spring, winter and summer term. The fall term date will be one week before the online schedule is published during spring term. New degree/certificates will use the start of the term after state approval as the available dates.