Employment Skills Training Certificate
This information is to help individuals determine if the Employment Skills Training Certificate is the best path towards employment.
- This is a less-than-one-year certificate of completion ranging from 12-44 credits.
- Targets specific job entry points in a variety of career technical programs.
- The student plan will be based on an assessment of the individual’s academic skills and career goals and may include options for additional study.
- Once approved by the division dean, the student must sign the plan indicating agreement.
- The plan must be completed within two years.
- The number of cooperative education credits is limited to 25% of the total credits.
- No more than 25% of the total credits may be transferred from another institution to PCC for inclusion toward the certificate.
- 75% of the total credits must be PCC credits.
- More than 50% of the total credits must be completed after the plan is approved.
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better for all courses in the plan.
- The student must file a request for the certificate with the division dean’s office within six months of program completion.
- If approved, the division dean will send the completed plan to the graduation office for review.
- Students will have their certificate processed and dated at the end of the term in which the application was received by the graduation office.
- The Employment Skills Training Certificate is not eligible for financial aid.