Curriculum Resources for Faculty
Resources that you may find useful in your goal to develop and revise degrees, certificates and curriculum at PCC:
If you are looking for a specific form, visit the forms index page.
Degree and Certificate Outcomes
The following resources will be helpful.
If you are working on course outcomes the following resources will be helpful.
- Related Instruction Overview This web page is rich with resources you will find useful.
- Related Instruction Guidelines details about identifying related instruction.
- Related Instruction Templates Inventory of all approved related instruction templates for certificates
- Academic Policies and Standards Overview related instruction
- Instructor Qualifications for related instruction
- EMT 106, MM 230, HR 107 Examples of embedded related instruction submissions
Timelines for Approval
Dean of Instruction Approval Practices
Document outlining how the Deans of Instruction make their decisions regarding Course and Degree and Certificate approval.
SAC Chair list
View the SAC Chair list.
A focus award is recognition of a student’s achievement in a particular lower division collegiate interest area.
Adult High School Diploma
For a comprehensive list of PCC classes applicable for earning a high school diploma, see PCC AHSD Course Offerings. For details visit the Adult High School Diploma website. Amendments to math unit to credit conversions.
Employment Skills Training Certificate
A SAC may select and package courses into an certificate program to prepare students for a specific job entry point.
Archive of Curriculum Changes and Updates
Available are documents with key changes, A complete list of all changes can be viewed at the Curriculum and the Degrees and Certificates Committees webpages. View the agendas and the minutes for a complete list of changes.
Lower Division Collegiate (LDC)
Curriculum change notification archive
Course Repeat Limit
Inventory of courses and the repeat limit for each.
Degrees and Certificates - State Approved
Spreadsheet of all Degrees and Certificates with campus locations
- State Course Numbering Guide: This provides guidance in assigning new course numbers as well as providing a master list of institutions which currently offer particular Lower Division Collegiate Courses.
- Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development Department: This is the primary agency with the State which is charged with oversight of community colleges and workforce training agencies. Also has links to partnerships, eligible training providers, administrative rules, and other resources.
- Eligible Training Provider: This resource identifies stand-alone training, certificates and degrees which have been approved for Workforce Investment Act training funds. This means that individuals who have federal, state, or employer based workforce training funds available to them may use their funds for this programs. Look at both lists ETP-programs (pre 9/2007), and ETP-recently approved programs (post 9/2007) to see the complete list.
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities: This is the board which has granted accreditation to PCC. PCC has been accredited with NWCCU since 1970. For specific information regarding our last accreditation review, visit the Office of Academic and Student Affairs homepage.
Contact the Curriculum Office if you have questions about the curriculum, degree and certificate development and approval process. We can help, or we will guide you to those who can help. Curriculum Office: 971-722-7816 or firstname.lastname@example.org