Degrees and Certificates Committee
February 4, 2004
Sylvania Campus, 3:30-5:20 pm
Present: Susanne Christopher, Lucinda Eshleman, Kevin Lien, Amy Alday-Murray, Pat Lewis, Tony Zable, Dave Stout, Patty Barnett, Linda Gettmann
Guests: Judy Read & Verna Reardon (CAS/OS @ CA), Moe O’Connor (Fitness Technology, SYL), Vicky Charleston, later Guy Sievert joined in the deliberations.
1. Minutes of 1/14/04 approved with one amendment from Lucinda E.
2. Susanne introduced Judy Read and Verna Reardon, who presented 4 changes to degree/certificate programs:
a. CAS/OS Certificate
Motion to recommend approval of the changes to the certificate passed.b. AAS Administrative Assistant Degree
Motion to recommend approval of the changes to the degree passed.c. AAS Administrative Assistant-Office Manager Degree
Motion to recommend approval of the changes to the degree passed.d. Web Site Development Certificate
Motion to recommend approval of the changes to the certificate passed.
3. Moe O’Connor introduced us to the proposed changes in the Fitness Technology Certificate
Faculty propose to increase prerequisites (WR 121 and Math 65), institute an application process to the program, and substitute FT 224 A&P for Fitness for the regular science A&P class.4. Related Instruction for Certificate Programs
The motion to recommend for approval the proposed changes to the certificate passed.
5. Susanne shared the draft of language to answer our questions for Standards 2 and 3. Committee members will review these and get any suggestions to her for improvements, which she will then run by the committee by e-mail.
Susanne shared with the group “Draft 2” of the document and Guy elaborated.
6. Our next meeting is March 3rd, 3:30 to 5:30, in the CT classroom.
Meeting adjourned at 5:15 pm.
Submitted by Dave Stout, 2/4/04