EAC Curriculum Chair Duties and Procedures:
- Attend all EAC Leadership meetings:
- EAC regularly scheduled meetings (monthly)
- EAC Leaders’ planning meetings the week before each EAC meeting (monthly)
- EAC Leaders’ meetings with the Deans of Instruction (DOI) immediately prior to each EAC meeting (monthly)
- EAC Leaders’ meetings with the District President and Vice-President of Academic and Student Affairs (VPASA) (monthly)
- EAC Leaders’ retreat in June (one day)
- EAC Leaders’ retreat in September (one-half day)
- EAC retreat in September (one-half day)
- Attend at least one PCC Board meeting per year
- Be familiar with and consult EAC by-laws.
- Curriculum Meetings
- Establish monthly meeting dates in consultation with the Curriculum Office, EAC Degrees and Certificates (D/C )Chair and EAC Chair
- Chair Curriculum Committee meetings
- Work with the Curriculum Office to help prepare SAC Chairs who are bringing items through the Committee
- Maintain contact with SAC Chairs and occasionally help them with curriculum issues
- Coordinate monthly meeting agenda with the Curriculum Office
- Keep members posted on the agenda status
- Review minutes of monthly meetings before posting
- Review and sign each item submitted at monthly meetings with recommendations and then forward to Deans of Instruction for their review
- Consult and work with the Curriculum Office regarding catalog deadlines
- Review and maintain EAC Curriculum Committee membership by selecting members when needed
- Authorize experimental courses to be taught a third time using discretion
- As needed facilitate communication with faculty regarding statewide curriculum changes, e.g. changes to general education, cultural literacy.
- Communicate regularly with former and current chairs of the curriculum and degrees and certificates committees and the curriculum office regarding issues, policies and practices.
Particular Monthly Duties
- Chair EAC Curriculum Committee Retreat and plan agenda
- Compensation has generally been 33% release time.