Step 5 - State Approval
After receiving approval from the Curriculum Committee, Dean of Instruction, Campus President, and VP of Academic and Student Affairs, most courses need to be submitted to the state and approved by the Community College and Workforce Development (CCWD) Education Specialist.
- Lower Division Transfer Courses (LDC)
- LDC courses must be reviewed and approved by CCWD Education Specialist before they can be scheduled or listed in the catalog. Submitting faculty will be informed when the course is approved.
- Career Technical Education Courses (CTE)
- CTE courses must be attached to an approved degree or certificate. The course will receive concomitant approval with the degree or certificate by the CCWD Education Specialist. Submitting faculty will be informed when the course and degree or certificate has been approved.
- Occupational Preparatory Courses
- Occupational Preparatory courses must be approved by the CCWD Education Specialist before the course can be offered. Submitting faculty will be informed when the course is approved.
- Occupational Supplemental Courses (CEU)
- CEU courses do not require state approval prior to scheduling the course.
- Adult Continuing Education Courses (ACE)
- ACE courses must be approved by the CCWD Education Specialist before the course can be offered.