Step 1 - CCOG Development
What is a CCOG?
The Course Content and Outcomes Guide (CCOG) is a guide for faculty that expresses all of the elements that are deemed critical to the “identity” of the course. Although meant as a guide for faculty, the CCOGs are public, and are often used by students or by colleagues inside or outside the college. To learn about CCOGs and their development, PCC has the following resource pages:
- For a full explanation of CCOGs, visit PCC's Course Content and Outcomes Guide page.
- To see CCOGs for existing courses, view the CCOG inventory
- To develop a CCOG for a new course, start with the course management tool: login to MyPCC and select the "Faculty" tab. The Course management link is on the right-hand side, under “Tools”.
- Comprehensive CCOG information, see CCOG Help.
- Guidelines and help for writing outcome statements.
The Curriculum Office can help you develop a CCOG that has the right elements and language that both the Curriculum Committee and the State are looking for in new courses. Please contact us early in the process and set up a meeting to discuss the CCOG: email@example.com