EAC approved March 22, 2017; President Mark Mitsui Approved April 12, 2017
A big thank you to the task force and especially to Robin Shapiro for her excellent leadership!
Mission Statement: The Academic Integrity Taskforce is dedicated to investigating PCC's current practices and values as related to issues of student academic integrity, with the goal of promoting and sustaining a culture of academic integrity at the college.
- PCC should establish a single point of responsibility for academic integrity, whether an Office of Academic Integrity or another centralized entity.
- Four priorities:
- PCC should formalize the academic integrity violation process into an online form similar to the students of concern form
- PCC should add options for educational responses to academic integrity violations.
- PCC should provide professional development opportunities for faculty and educational opportunities for students related to academic integrity.
- PCC should evaluate and pilot plagiarism detection software.
Consult the supporting documents:
- Academic Integrity Task Force Recommendation and Priorities - Final Copy
- Academic Integrity Task Force Presentation
- Academic Integrity PCC Faculty Survey Results
- Academic Integrity PCC Student Survey Results
- Academic Integrity PCC Flow Chart
- January 23, 2013: Taskforce Approved
- End of Academic Year, June 2013: Initial organization; subcommittees formed, beginning research
- End of Academic Year, June 2014: Recommendations to EAC
- Revised timeline (1.29.2014): June 2015
- Revised timeline (2.25.2014): January 2016
- Offered Recommendations January, 2017
- Final EAC Approval, March, 2017
- Final Presidential Approval, April, 2017
If you are interested, please contact the Academic Integrity Taskforce Chair, Robin Shapiro, Reference and Instruction Librarian, RC
- Martha Bailey TLC Coordinator, CA
- Kristin Benson, Records and Enrollment Services, DC
- Shasta C. Buchanan Director Enrollment Services/Registrar, D
- Kendra Cawley Dean of Academic Affairs, SY
- Daniel Davis ESOL, RC
- Dan Dougherty Department Chair CIS, SY
- Melissa Duke Anatomy and Physiology Instructional Support Tech II, RC
- Chris Edwards, Division Dean, Communications and Humanities, RC
- Karen Henry Allied Health Admissions Specialist, CA
- Greg Kaminski Instr/Comp Facilitator, SY
- Mayumi Markee Student, RC
- Brian Millis Student
- Nicole Perez, Office Assistant Testing Center
- Jefferson Ranck WR, SEC
- Lee Ann Redifer Dental Assisting Instructor, SY
- Cheryl Scott, Dean of Instruction (DOI), RC
- Joanna Sullivan ESOL, RC
- Rachel Stone Instr/Psych, RC
- Carly Vollet MTH, CA
- Maureen Wright BUS/CIS RC
- Stephanie Yorba, Instructor of Spanish, RC