VT - Veterinary Technology Outcomes
AAS: Veterinary Technology
Students who complete this degree should be able to:
- Be prepared to take the National Veterinary Technician Board Examination
- Function as competent entry level certified veterinary technicians in their chosen area of veterinary medicine, whether it is veterinary practice, research, laboratory, or industry.
- Communicate effectively (written and orally), work together with other individuals, and be reliable and responsible as effective members of the animal healthcare team in their chosen area of veterinary medicine.
- Think, calculate, and make decisions allowed them by the Veterinary Practice Act of the state in which they are employed.
- Employ an awareness of their responsibility as a of the animal healthcare industry in the prevention of disease in both humans and animals, as advocates for animals and their health, and in the education of the public regarding animal health care issues.
- Understand that they are life-long learners, and continuing education is fundamental to their ability to remain current with advances in veterinary medicine and related technologies.
- Recognize that the individuals they interact with on a daily basis, whether it is a coworker, employer, or client has uniquely individual needs and behaviors based upon their backgrounds and perspectives on life. 1.2013