RAD - Radiography Outcomes
Students who complete this degree should be able to:
- Successfully complete the national certification examination (ARRT)
- Provide appropriate care that ensures the safety, comfort and on-going assessment/response
to the patient’s condition.
- Demonstrate adherence to professional ethics and standards.
- Use effective oral and written communication skill in educational and clinical settings.
- Exhibiting professional and ethical behaviors in the workplace.
- Apply problem-solving skills in the clinical setting
- Use an understanding of cultural and ethnic differences to reduce the barriers and
misunderstandings which may impact providing competent patient care.
- Apply/adhere to radiation protection standards. Maintain safety practices for the community,
coworkers and self. 02.2012
Less than One-Year Certificate: Computed Tomography
Upon completion of this program, students will:
- Provide competent health care to the community using the skills and knowledge of a CT and PET professional
- Perform CT and PET procedures safely and effectively in a professional manner meeting health care industry standards
- Abide by professional ethical standards in order to provide the highest quality care to the community 3.2010
Less than One-Year Certificate: Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Upon completion of the program the student will be able to:
- Analyze the physical properties of magnetic resonance imaging
- Describe routine protocols for magnetic resonance exams.
- Describe safety issues related to equipment, image acquisition and contrast agent use.
- Document performance of required examinations and repetitions to qualify for the ARRT examination. 10.2007