MLT - Medical Laboratory Technology Outcomes
AAS: Medical Laboratory Technology
- Appreciate and apply strict adherence to the highest level of medical ethics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts applicable to clinical laboratory procedures and an awareness of the clinical applications of laboratory medicine.
- Apply academic knowledge and laboratory experiences in making appropriate professional decisions.
- Function effectively as a contributing member of the laboratory team and the broader healthcare delivery system.
- Provide consistently high quality patient care.
- Be self-directed and responsible for his/her professional actions.
- Perform routine laboratory tasks in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Tasks may include, but are not limited to: appropriate collection, identification and processing of specimens; preparation of chemicals and reagents; use of appropriate laboratory techniques, methodologies, instruments and equipment; and accurate calculation, recording and tabulation of data.
- Perform all procedures within professional standards of quality assurance.
- Recognize and identify technical, mechanical and physiological problems within the laboratory and effect resolution of problems according to the protocols of the institution.
- Correlate results of laboratory procedures as being consistent or inconsistent with usual patterns which provide data used in diagnosis, prognosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Participate in continuing education for technical and professional development.
- Recognize the legal responsibilities inherent in the practice of clinical laboratory sciences.