MLT - Medical Laboratory Technology Outcomes
AAS: Medical Laboratory Technology
- Act professionally and adhere to ethical and legal responsibilities toward consistent quality patient care.
- Apply knowledge of theory and principles of related content areas (e.g. clinical chemistry, hematology, microbiology, immunohematology, etc.) to the clinical laboratory setting in making appropriate professional decisions.
- Perform laboratory procedures accurately and in a timely manner, and evaluate and correlate results to affect positive patient outcomes.
- Use critical thinking to recognize, troubleshoot and solve pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical problems.
- Engage in continuing education and participate effectively as an active and positive member of the healthcare team. 11.2014