EM - Emergency Management Outcomes
AAS: Emergency Management
- Articulate a comprehensive emergency management philosophy.
- Demonstrate management, leadership and team building skills in real or simulated disaster events.
- Articulate the theory of: integrated emergency management; comprehensive emergency management; and all-risks planning.
- Demonstrate skills in critical-thinking; decision-making; and problem-solving as they relate to disaster assessment, planning and response.
- Facilitate the development of comprehensive multi-hazard emergency action plans.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of systems and standards of emergency management and identify resources at all levels of government an in the private sector. 5.2007
Less than One-Year Certificate: Emergency Management Career Pathway Certificate
- Discuss and apply the basic theory of Emergency Management in real and practice situations
- Demonstrate knowledge of federal, state and local programs available to respond to disasters
- Demonstrate skills in Critical-Thinking, Decision-Making and Problem-Solving as related to emergency planning and response 5.2007