DA - Dental Assisting Outcomes
One-Year Certificate: Dental Assisting
- Apply the knowledge and skills required to systematically collect diagnostic data.
- Function as an effective and efficient member of the dental health team by performing a variety of clinical supportive treatments.
- Utilize the most current infection control and safety precautions in all laboratory and clinical settings.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with the dental team members and patients.
- Function in a responsible, professional and ethical manner in a dental or community practice setting.
- Demonstrate the clinical skills needed to perform direct patient care as stated in Division 42 in the Oregon Practice Act.
- Address and respond appropriately to the issues that may arise from cultural and socioeconomic differences in both a dental and community environment. 1.2014