BCT - Building Construction Technology Outcomes
AAS: Building Construction Technology
- Interpret construction documents to build concrete foundation and flatwork systems to Oregon code standards.
- Interpret construction documents to build residential floor, wall and roof framing systems to Oregon code standards.
- Interpret construction documents to build various residential interior and exterior wall and roof coverings, millwork, cabinetry and finishes to Oregon code standards.
- Use mathematic and estimating skills to effectively estimate material quantities and labor costs for a residential structure.
- Practice the efficient use of natural and man-made resources in both commercial and residential building construction.
- Read, understand and generate construction documents, and communicate in the construction environment using effective written and oral communication skills. 2.2.14
AAS: Building Construction Technology - Construction Management Option
- Apply a basic understanding of residential and commercial construction codes, materials and methods to complete a variety of construction jobs.
- Effectively apply mathematics and basic engineering principles to solve problems encountered on construction projects.
- Recognize the appropriate use of natural and man-made resources in both residential and commercial construction.
- Demonstrate basic ability to read, interpret and generate construction documents. Demonstrate oral communication skills necessary in the construction environment.
- Demonstrate basic estimating, scheduling, job costing and business principles typically encountered on a construction project.
- Identify safe construction practices typically used in a construction company's OSHA safety compliance program.2.2.14
AAS: Building Construction Technology - Design/Build Remodeling Option
- Evaluate building systems, including structural and mechanical, and apply such knowledge to building design and construction requirements.
- Employ efficient, environmentally responsible and safe construction skills and techniques on remodeling and/or new construction projects. materials, equipment, and fixtures to meet client needs and building code requirements.
- Identify and analyze technical and aesthetic requirements, research industry specifications, and specify appropriate building and finish materials, equipment, and fixtures to meet client needs and building code requirements.
- Create kitchen and bath design solutions meeting client aesthetic and budgetary needs by using the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) guidelines and the elements and principles of design including universal and accessible design criteria.
- Exhibit organizational and written/oral communication skills required to bring design/build projects from initial concept to completion.
- Prepare contract documents, using industry standards for written and graphic communication.
- Manage project schedules, sub-contactors and suppliers.
- Practice ethical standards of business conduct and professional services. 2.2.14
One-Year Certificate: Building Construction Technology
- Use efficient and safe construction skills and techniques on construction projects.
- Use technology to automate and organize information used in construction activities.
- Employ effective and appropriate communication skills when interacting with trade associates, design associates, vendors and customers.
- Practice effective problem solving skills.
- Practice ethical standards of business conduct and professional services.
- Practice the efficient use of man made and natural resources. 6.2.10