Core Outcomes Mapping
Mapping Level Indicators:
- Not Applicable.
- Limited demonstration or application of knowledge and skills.
- Basic demonstration and application of knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated comprehension and is able to apply essential knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates thorough, effective and/or sophisticated application of knowledge and skills.
SAC - SOC: Sociology
- Community and Environmental Responsibility.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
- Cultural Awareness.
- Professional Competence.
|Course #||Course Name||CO1||CO2||CO3||CO4||CO5||CO6|
|SOC 204||Sociology of Everyday Life||3||3||3||3||0||3|
|SOC 205||Social Change in Societies||3||3||3||3||0||3|
|SOC 206||Social Problems||3||4||4||3||0||3|
|SOC 211||Peace and Conflict||3||4||4||4||0||4|
|SOC 213||Diversity in the United States||3||3||4||4||0||4|
|SOC 218||Sociology of Gender||3||3||3||3||0||3|
|SOC 219||Religion & Culture: Social Dimensions||3||4||4||4||0||4|
|SOC 223#||Sociology of Aging||4||4||4||4||3||4|
|SOC 228||Introduction to Environmental Sociology||4||4||4||4||0||4|
|SOC 230#||Introduction to Gerontology||4||4||4||4||3||4|
|SOC 231#||Sociology of Health and Aging||4||4||4||4||3||4|
|SOC 232#||Death and Dying||4||4||4||4||3||4|
|SOC 252||Introduction to Sociological Theory||3||2||4||3||0||4|
|SOC 280A||Cooperative Education||0||4||0||0||0||0|
|SOC 280B||Community Service and Action Seminar||3||4||4||4||0||4|
#Mapping Level Indicators for these courses are set by the Gerontology Department and were last updated December 2014. MLIs for the remaining courses were updated March 2011.