Rock Creek Bldg 7, Rm 202 | Faculty Department Chair: Joyce Kaplan | 971-722-7688
Headquartered at our beautiful Rock Creek Campus, PCC's Biology and Management of Zoo Animals program is a two year course of study that offers an Associate of Applied Science degree.Our program is offered in partnership with the Oregon Zoo, and the cooperative education courses as well as portions of several lab courses are on the grounds of this facility. Other area partners provide additional specialized experiences to increase the knowledge base of our students in their chosen field.
Our new program has already generated a lot of interest and admittance will be limited to 24 students per year. Prospective students must apply for admission to the program. Applicants should attempt to maximize their animal experience, successful math and science college coursework, and be prepared to provide a good letter of recommendation from an animal care manager to increase their chance of acceptance. There will be an interview process for qualified candidates.
Our program is challenging and includes 15 hours per week of internship during most quarters of the program, including the summer, in addition to a large number of other required courses. We recommend that students do not work in order to leave time for studying and homework.
- Before entry into the program, students must:
- While in the program, students must:
- Maintain a minimum "C" letter grade in all required coursework.
- Have transportation to and from the Rock Creek campus and the various zoological partner facilities.
- Meet all dress code, physical, and immunization requirements and follow all rules, regulations, and safety requirements of zoological partner facilities.
|Tuition, Lab, and Fees||See Tuition and Fees (Use the college cost calculator to determine costs per term.)|
|Books and Notes||$1500 total for the entire program|
- Estimated total costs for the program not including prerequisites: