PCC offers a wide range of Spanish courses. At the first year level we offer First Year Spanish in two formats: as a three course sequence of 4-credit classes: SPA 101, 102, 103, or as a two course sequence of 6-credit classes: SPA 150,151. All classes in the first year series are offered each term.
At the second year level we also offer the three course sequence: SPA 201, 202, 203, as well as the two course sequence: SPA 250, 251.
In addition, we regularly offer 1-credit conversation classes to accompany each course in the three course sequence. These conversation classes are listed as SPA 111c, 112c, 113c for the first year sequence, and 211c, 212c, 213c for the second year sequence.
Students are encouraged to complete the course sequence, especially if planning to transfer to a four-year university for a Bachelor of Arts degree.
Practice your Spanish outside the classroom!
In addition to dynamic classes, the PCC Spanish program boasts numerous opportunities to practice the language outside of the classroom. These include:
- Monthly Spanish-language movie screenings on campus
- Class field trips to Spanish language theater performances
- Conversation exchange programs with native Spanish speakers on campus and in the community
- Service learning opportunities in the local Spanish-speaking community
- Special events and performances on campus celebrating the Spanish language and cultures
- Opportunities to study abroad. Please visit the Study Abroad website for more information.