Careers in Real Estate
The real estate industry offers many exciting and rewarding career opportunities with a wide variety of jobs to pursue. PCC can help you prepare for occupations such as real estate broker and property manager. Other possible real estate careers include loan officer, appraiser, escrow agent, tax assessor, title examiner, construction contractor, land developer and professional inspector. You can even learn how to become a real estate investor.
PCC can help you begin your real estate career or provide continuing education to help you renew your license. At this time PCC offers pre-license courses for real estate brokers and property managers.
General Interest Courses
We offer general interest real estate courses, which do not lead to a license. Examples include:
- Introduction to Real Estate (RE 100)
- Real Estate Investments (RE 250)
We offer pre-license courses approved by the Oregon Real Estate Agency for the following licenses:
- Real Estate Broker, less than one year certificate
- Property Manager, less than one year certificate
See the catalog for information regarding program requirements.
Before entry into the program, students should possess basic skills in math and the English language. If in doubt about proficiency in either of these areas, students should complete a placement test.
- If you would like to take general interest real estate classes, apply for admission to PCC and register for classes. Formal admission into the program is not required.
- If you wish to become licensed as a broker or property manager, follow the steps listed on the Licensing Overview page.