Study War No More
The Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS) program is flexibly designed to satisfy the different needs of students, teachers and other professionals, and the general public.
Objectives include providing a multi-disciplinary means of exploring the structural causes and manifestations of violence in self, in society, in nation-states, and in the global community and to consider alternatives to violent resolution of conflict. Those enrolled are encouraged to study, design, and participate in social and political structures that nurture peace and security, human rights and justice, racial and gender equality, environmental stability, economic equity, and responsible communication.
In this program you can earn:
- Focus Award: Peace and Conflict Studies I
- Focus Award: Peace and Conflict Studies II
- Focus Award: Peace and Conflict Studies III
Note: This focus award is not a formal, transcripted degree or certificate, but is a recognition of courses taken to supplement the skills you already have. Focus awards may be earned in combination with a certificate and/or degree.
- Complete the steps for new students
- The admissions form will ask you what you plan to study. Since we don't offer a degree or certificate in this subject, you should choose Associate of Arts - Oregon Transfer (AAOT) for now.
- Plan how you'll pay for college
- Plan your transfer
- Start taking classes included in the Peace and Conflict Studies classes page