Admission to the Ophthalmic Medical Technology Program
MP 111 - Medical Terminology
MTH 65 - Intro Algebra, 2nd term
BI 121 - Intro to Anatomy and Physiology
WR 121 - English Composition
The application period for fall 2014 is closed. We will be accepting applications for fall 2015 during winter term 2015.
The program will accept 24 students, and applicants will be selected based on a competitive point system. For information on other classes you can take prior to entry into the program and what applicants will receive admission points for see the Prerequisite Worksheet.
For more information, please attend an information session.
- The Ophthalmic Medical Technology program is a full time, closed program with limited enrollment.
- The Ophthalmic Medical Technology program is a Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) program, and students go full time for 2 years during the day.
- Applicants can enter the program Fall term at the Cascade Campus (705 N. Killingsworth, Portland, OR)
- The Ophthalmic Medical Technology program will be accepting 24 students for fall term 2014 based on the number of points applicants receive.
- Applicants will need to successfully pass an oral and written assessment of communication skills which will be given during the Ophthalmic Medical Technology new student orientation.
Make sure you follow the steps below to ensure you are ready to apply to the program.
- Attend information session or make advising appointment
- Apply to PCC
- Take placement test or get credit for previous coursework
- Submit Transcripts
- Complete prerequisite classes
- Complete the application
- Admission Notification
We are glad you have chosen the Ophthalmic Medical Technology program at Portland Community College – Cascade Campus. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.