Occupational Skills Training
PCC's Occupational Skills Training is a cost-effective, worker retraining program that has helped thousands of people set goals, learn skills and build a future. If you're looking for a way to get bottom-line results quickly, contact us today for more information.
We provide training services to:
- Students seeking a new career
- Vocational Consultants looking for resources for their clients
- Employers seeking qualified trainees
Because employers prefer workers with on-the-job experience, students who complete occupational skills training are usually able to get jobs immediately after they complete the program. And even though training sites are under no obligation to hire trainees, they often do.
A Proven Program that Gets Results
Occupational Skills Training is approved for disabled veterans, state vocational rehabilitation and workers' compensation clients. We accept referrals from these agencies as well as from private referral sources. We work in partnership with agency counselors and with the hundreds of businesses throughout Oregon that serve as training sites for program participants.
- Occupational Skills Training is the largest program of its kind in the state.
- Thousands of individuals have completed the program since it began in 1981.
- Training opportunities are offered in a wide range of job categories representing just about every industry.
- Each year, about 70 percent of the individuals who complete the program find jobs in the field in which they trained.
- The program offers a cost-effective solution for both employers and workers.
We Make it Easier for Students and Vocational Consultants
When students are referred to Occupational Skills Training, we work with them to design a personalized program around their needs and interests. We offer:
- On-the-job evaluation
- Assistance in finding training sites
- Assistance in development of an individualized plan
- Monthly or weekly monitoring of skills training
- Quarterly reviews of the student's progress