Admission: Step 5
Complete prerequisite classes
The following prerequisite classes are available at Portland Community College. If you believe you have met the core requirements of any of these classes at other colleges, please contact email@example.com to have your transcripts "unofficially" evaluated to determine completion of requirements. Your classwork may need to be evaluated by the Department Chair as well, before you will be advised on whether your previous coursework meets PCC class requirements.
- WR 121 - English Composition
- MTH 95 – Intermediate Algebra
- CH 104, 105 & 106 - Allied Health Chemistry (will also accept CH 221 - 223)
- BI 121 & 122 – Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology (will also accept BI 231-233 or BI 211 - 213)
- MLT 199E or MLT 110 - Introduction to Medical Lab Technology (will be titled MLT 199E winter term 2015 and MLT 110 all subsequent terms)
All prerequisite classes must be passed with a grade 'C' or above. Prerequisite may be in progress when you submit your application but must be complete by the end of the application period.
Receiving admission points
- Students will receive admission points for grades in prerequisite classes, experience working and volunteering in a lab or in the health field, two recommendation forms and if they have completed public service.
- For detailed information on the point system used for admission see the advising guide.
- Students will be ranked in order of points and time of application, so it is to your advantage to get your application in early in case your points put you at the cutoff for admission. Often a student has the same points as a student entering the program, but will miss the opportunity to join the program because of a late application.
- See the Medical Laboratory Technology Application for more information on the format used for documenting experience and the recommendation forms required and what counts as public service (see step 6).