Students completing one of the programs listed below become members of the health care professions. Medical Imaging professionals work closely with physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and the public.
- Graduates earn an Associate of Applied Science degree and are qualified to work in a variety of medical settings. An Oregon State license is also required. Advancement opportunities are numerous.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Professional credentials in an Imaging modality are required to apply for this certificate program. Students who successfully complete the program and national certification exam can be employed in hospitals and medical clinics.
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Professional credentials in an Imaging modality are required to apply for this certificate program. Successful completion of this program and national certification exam enables graduates to be employed in a variety of medical facilities.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Cross Sectional Anatomy, Mammography and Principals of Fluoroscopy
- Imaging professionals may enroll in any or all of the three cross-sectional anatomy courses offered by the Medical Imaging Department. Continuing education credit is available for all courses. Departmental approval is required for registration. Contact the Medical Imaging Department for more information.
- Certain courses within the MRI Program and the CT Program may be taken for continuing education. Instructor approval is required. Contact the Medical Imaging Department for more information.