Medical Assistant Program Admission
MP 111 - Medical Terminology
MTH 60 - Intro Algebra, 1st term
BI 121 - Intro to Anatomy and Physiology
WR 121- English Composition
For Spring 2014 (Willow Creek Center) October 14, 2013- December 6, 2013
For Fall 2014 (Cascade Campus) April 7, 2014 - May 30, 2014
The program will accept 24 students, selected based on a competitive point system. For information on classes you can take prior to entry and information on admission points, see the Prerequisite Worksheet.
For more information, please attend an information session.
- The Medical Assisting program is a full time, closed program with limited enrollment.
- The Medical Assisting program is a Certificate program, and students go full time for 3 terms during the day.
- Students can enter the program during Spring term at the Willow Creek Center or Fall term at the Cascade Campus.
- The Medical Assisting program will be accepting 24 students for spring term 2014 based on the number of points applicants receive.
- Applicants will need to successfully pass an oral and written assessment of communication skills which will be given during the Medical Assisting new student orientation.
- Students will become part of a cohort (a group of students who take classes together), and will be required to take classwork during the terms listed in the catalog, or if changed, provided during the new student orientation into the program after acceptance in the spring 2014 program.
- Applications will be accepted October 14, 2013 through December 6, 2013 for spring term 2014 at the Willow Creek Campus. Applications will be accepted spring term 2014 for entry into the fall 2014 program at the Cascade Campus – dates to be determined.
- All prerequisites must be completed or taken concurrently during the term the student is applying, for example completed or taken during fall term 2013 for admission into spring term 2014. You may apply prior to completion of the class as long as you are enrolled during the term applications are due.
- Students who receive the most points (see the MA Prerequisite Worksheet) will be invited to a mandatory New Student Orientation. Students with the same points will be accepted in the order that their completed application was received for admission, so we highly recommend you apply early for the program.
Make sure you follow the steps below to ensure you are ready to apply to the program.
- Attend information session or make advising appointment
- Apply to PCC
- Take placement test or get credit for previous coursework
- Submit Transcripts
- Complete prerequisite classes
- Complete the application
- Admission Notification
We are glad you have chosen the Medical Assisting program at Portland Community College – Cascade Campus. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.