Degrees, Certificates and Program Awards
The Management and Supervisory Development Department offers a comprehensive program for those desiring to advance within their organization, improve their resume to be more marketable, prepare for a career change, or to help them enhance their professional skills. Skills students of the Management/Supervisory Development Program develop include leadership, team building, innovation, conflict resolution, cultural awareness, budgeting, and project management. Transfer agreements are in place with 4-year colleges.
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Associate of Applied Science Degree: Management and Supervisory Development
- One-Year Certificate: Management and Supervisory Development
See the PCC Catalog for information regarding program requirements.
See the PCC Catalog for information regarding program award requirements.
- Management and Supervisory Development
Enhance an organization's ability to thrive in a diverse, rapidly changing, and increasingly global business environment by carrying out supervisory or managerial responsibilities in a manner that reflects professional standards and ethics, sustainability, and social responsibility..
- Conflict Management
Strengthen organizational effectiveness by facilitating effective work relationships and resolving conflicts in a diverse workplace with skillful application of a broad range of communication skills.
- Customer Service
- Respond to diverse customer needs in an increasingly global environment by applying problem solving skills with a variety of customer service strategies to identify, assess, predict, and achieve customer expectations
- Human Resource Management
- Support the primary mission of an organization by using an understanding of the history, current practices, and legal aspects of human resources standards to make effective on-the-job supervisory and managerial decisions.
Build enterprise value by developing, leading, and motivating diverse teams to perform effectively in a rapidly changing marketplace.
- Project Management
- Strengthen an organization by developing goals, objectives, and flexible plans to manage and monitor project scope, resources, time schedules, and budgets for dynamic projects in alignment with company goals.
- Change/Innovation Management
Innovate change as a change-leader to assist an organization in coping with a new, more challenging workplace by using an understanding of what causes change initiatives to fail and how to manage the human and technological challenges of change.
Note: A maximum of 9 one-credit MSD workshops may be used toward a program award, certificate or degree.
Make Your Experience Work for You
- Cooperative Education for Management and Supervisory Development Students
- These 4 college transferable credits (MSD 280A & 280B) are designed to allow an individual the opportunity to acquire college credit for current on-the-job learning. During the term the co-op credit is taken, the student must be training in a supervisory capacity or leading a project in which new management skills are being practiced. Up to 12 credits (3 terms) of Cooperative Education may be applied to the Associate Degree.