About the Program
PCC's Lactation Education and Consultant Program provides comprehensive lactation training for students who want to improve their lactation skills, and for students who want to become certified as International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE).
The PCC Lactation Education and Consultant Program offers high quality lactation training that combines the unique experience of in-person classes and online education. PCC is committed to attracting applicants from racially, culturally and ethnically diverse communities who aspire to become IBCLCs.
PCC’s Lactation Education and Consultant Training Program offers a 90-hour Lactation Education course for students seeking IBLCE certification using Pathway 1, 2, or 3. Students who want to improve their lactation knowledge, but will not be seeking IBLCE certification, are also welcome in the 90-hr course as long as they meet the course prerequisites. Clinical experience is offered for students enrolled in the PCC Pathway 2 Academic Program.
This program is located at the Rock Creek Campus. Currently the Lactation Education courses are offered at Willow Creek Center. The course of study is based on objectives, guidelines and competencies established by the Lactation Education Accreditation and Approval Review Committee (LEAARC). IBCLC is the credential that demonstrates excellence and proven competence to provide lactation and breastfeeding care to mothers and children worldwide. Lactation consulting is an exciting and expanding health field.
Degrees and Certificates
In this program you can earn the following:
- Lactation Education Certificate (IBLCE Pathway 1 or 3) - 13 credits
- 1-year Lactation Consultant Certificate (IBLCE Pathway 2) - 27 credits
- Attend a free information session or webinar.
- Choose a certificate option.
- If you do not have the required program prerequisites, you can apply for admission to PCC, register, and complete the program prerequisites.
- Apply for the Lactation Consultant certificate or the Lactation Education certificate.