Our interior design program provides students with entry-level skills required to become interior designers. It prepares students to begin careers as interior designers or for advanced placement in the wholesale or retail sales business. Our courses are application-oriented, and they offer a broad mix of diversity in the arts and graphic communication, which provides a strong foundation from which to specialize.
- All classes are offered at Sylvania campus.
- Classes are offered in the evening and during the day, although flexibility is needed in the second year as some second year classes are offered in the daytime only.
- Students can attend full time or part time.
- Open entry; there is no program application process and you can start any time during the year.
- Our focus is on residential design.
- Classes are technical, skills based combined with fundamentals of design.
- Students have the opportunity to learn AutoCAD and SketchUp. There is also a second year course in Photoshop and InDesign.
- First year classes focus on Architecture and Interior Design foundation coursework.
- Second year focuses application of first year coursework in design studio classes, finishing with a culminating design project for a client.
- Students must receive a C grade or higher in all program classes.