What is the PCC Honor's Program?
The Pilot Honors Program at Portland Community College seeks to enhance opportunity for all of our students. Through a series of dynamic relationships among faculty, students, and advisors, the Honors Program will create a clear, unified path for motivated students to move toward their transfer goals.
The Pilot Honors Program at PCC recognizes that our students come to us from many places, but they are here to study, to work, and to realize their dreams. We believe that navigating rigorous coursework alongside other deeply engaged students and faculty will bolster student success not only in the classroom but in the lived experiences of our students.
A student who fully participates in the Honors Program will complete at least 24 credit hours in Honors courses, including:
- HON 101 2 credits (Introduction to Honors)
- HON 201 2 credits (Capstone experience - in development)
- 20 credits in general education courses designated as honors courses
- A transfer portfolio in consultation with Honors Program faculty and staff
- An extended paper or project in their own discipline