Admissions: Amanda Gallo | 971-722-5667 | Fax: 971-722-5167 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Cascade TEB 103
Program Advisor: Karen Henry | 971-722-5427 | email@example.com | Cascade TEB 200
Program Director: Ana Sacramento | 971-722-5195 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period for the fall 2014 cohort is now closed. We will be accepting applications for the fall 2015 cohort January 12 – March 27 2015.
- The Health Information Management program is a closed program with limited enrollment.
- The Health Information Management program is a full time online program, and students are expected to be comfortable and confident in navigating an online classroom format, such as PCC's Desire to Learn. This often requires more reading on the part of students, as well as comfort with computer technology, so please make sure you have taken at least one online class. MP 111 is often a good online class to see if this is a format that works with your learning and personal style.
- The Health Information Management program will be accepting 30 students for fall 2014 based on the number of points students receive.
- Students will become part of a cohort (a group of students who take classes together), and will be required to take classwork during the terms listed in the catalog, or if changed, provided during the new student orientation into the program after acceptance in the fall 2014 program.
- Applications will be accepted January 13, 2014 through March 14, 2014.
- All prerequisites must be completed or taken concurrently during the term the student is applying, for example completed or taken during winter term 2014 for admission into fall term 2014.
- Grades from prerequisite coursework that are being completed at colleges other than PCC must be in the admissions office 2 weeks after the end of the application period.
- Students who receive the most points (see the HIM Prerequisite Worksheet) will be invited to a mandatory New Student Orientation. Students with the same points will be accepted in the order that their completed application was received for admission, so we highly recommend you apply early for the program.
- After admission to the program, but before beginning practicum, students may be required to complete some or all of the following: criminal background check, proof of immunizations, and a ten-panel drug screening. There will be a cost to the student associated with completing this requirement.
Make sure you follow the steps below to ensure you are ready to apply to the program.
- Attend information session or make advising appointment
- Apply to PCC
- Take placement test or get credit for previous coursework
- Submit Transcripts
- Complete prerequisite classes
- Complete the application
- Admission Notification
We are glad you have chosen the Health Information Management program at Portland Community College – Cascade Campus. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns regarding the application process.