Adult Care Home Training (Fall 2012 CRN 45767) – 2 credit
This basic training course for prospective operators and resident managers of Adult (Foster) Care Homes covers the State of Oregon regulations and issues involved in resident care and services. The course includes demonstrations and practice in the social model of care giving. The course is only one step in the licensing process for operators and approval of resident managers. (See the Gerontology Program website for details).
PCC Cascade Campus
705 N Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97217
Fridays: October 5, 12, 19 (9am – 1pm) PSEB 110
Saturdays: October 6, 13, 20 (9am – 5pm) PSEB 110
(Must attend all sessions for the full class time)
Tuition and fees: approximately $200
Book: Download for free from State of Oregon Adult Foster Home Providers website
Parking: $5 per day for Fridays only
Total: Approximately $210 (with parking)
Admissions and Registration: 971-722-8888 press option #2 three times.
Student Account Services: 971-722-8888, option 3
Gerontology Program Office: 971-722-8254
To secure your place in the class, you must be admitted to PCC and pre-register for the class in advance. Registration is on a first come first serve basis and there is a limit to the number of students admitted to the class.
Enrollment & Registration Process
- Enroll as a PCC credit student:
- Note: on the admissions form, list "non-degree seeking" if this is your first experience with college.
- Online: www.pcc.edu/admissions. The online enrollment process takes up to 72 hours.
- In-person: Complete the blue-gray paper Application for Admissions form at any main campus (Rock Creek, Sylvania, Southeast Campus, or Cascade Campus) Admissions/Registration Office.
- You will need your G#, the course number (GRN 172), and the CRN (45767)
- Online: Through your MyPCC account.
- In-person: Complete green Registration & Change form at Rock Creek, Southeast Campus, Sylvania, or Cascade Campus Admissions/Registration Office.
- Payment for the course is due prior to the start of class. See current tuition and fee costs.
- You can pay through Student Account Services on campus or online through your MyPCC account. Your instructor cannot collect payment.
- Pay in the form of cash, check, or credit card at any campus Student Account Services.
- You can obtain a copy of your bill from the PCC Student Account Services on any campus.
- You will not receive a bill in the mail. It is your responsibility to make sure your bill is paid prior to the class beginning.
- The textbook will be available for download from the State of Oregon website for free starting at the end of September.
- The instructor will let you know what materials will be covered in each class.
- Public Transport: TriMet bus service to the Cascade Campus; call 503-238-RIDE (7433) or see TriMet website for more information.
- PCC Shuttle: PCC has free shuttle buses that run on a regular schedule to the Cascade Campus on the Green Line, but not on Saturdays. See shuttle routes and schedules.
- If you park on campus, parking permits are required on Fridays, but not Saturdays.
- Class starts promptly at 9am on October 5th in the Cascade Campus PSEB Building, Room 110.
- Please allow time for parking/public transport and locating the classroom.
- To receive a refund you must drop the course before 4pm of the first class meeting, October 5th. It is the student's responsibility to drop the class. If you do not drop the course by 4pm - your tuition will not be refunded.
- You can drop the course online through MyPCC (Drop/Add Classes), or by calling 971-722-8888 and pressing option number 2 three times.