French at PCC
Why study French at PCC?
The French program at PCC boasts the second largest enrollment in the state for first and second year courses, and for a lower price. All PCC French courses are taught using an immersion method. The objective of all French courses at PCC is to help students develop communicative competence and proficiency in comprehension, speaking, reading, writing French and cultural awareness.
French classes at PCC feature:
- Language immersion with emphasis on speaking skills.
- Supportive and fun classroom environment.
- All instructors have Masters Degrees, native/near-native fluency and years of professional teaching experience
- Full integration of speaking, grammar, writing, listening and culture at every level.
- Pair and small group activities during class every day.
- Free French tutors and instructor office hours for additional help
- Fun extracurricular activities such as the French immersion wk-end
- Classrooms with computer podium, large screen and stereo system for viewing videos, as well as a new language computer lab for student and class use.
- Affordable textbooks (under $50 for the year!) and access to a course website with video/audio/activities for at home use