Education: Teacher Transfer Options
Classes available at all Campuses and SE Center
Teaching is one of the most rewarding, yet challenging careers you can choose. Teachers make a difference in the lives of students - to help them learn to read, solve a math problem or discover how plants grow. Elementary and middle school instructors introduce students to language, science, mathematics, social studies, the arts, and physical education. Secondary teachers are subject matter specialists who can inspire a student’s interest in an area for life.
Overall employment of kindergarten, elementary, middle and secondary school teachers is expected to increase over the next decade to replace an aging teaching workforce. Science, math, special education, and bilingual teachers will be in great demand.
Students can earn credits towards an Associate degree, which they can then transfer to a four-year public university or college in Oregon. Education classes count toward the following degrees:
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer Degree
- Apply for admission to PCC.
- Take the college placement test. See catalog for placement requirements.
- Attend a new student orientation.
- Meet with an general advisor or counselor.
- Meet with an Education Department faculty advisor. For an appointment, contact Gabe Hunter-Bernstein at 971-722-2547 or Tanya Mead at 971-722-5191.
- Register for classes.