Diesel Service Technology - Program Overview
The diesel service technician repairs and maintains diesel engines and component support systems. PCC's diesel service technology program prepares you for entry-level positions in the industry.
When you enter the Diesel Service Technology Program you will get first-hand experience working on the latest industry products with the latest industry tooling and software. Some of our on-site equipment includes:
- Over 50 diesel engines, 12 of which are computer controlled.
- Fifty heavy-duty transmissions and several differentials.
- Eleven trucks, one equipped with computer-controlled engines, with a world-class Allison, computer-controlled transmission.
- Three backhoes.
- Two Bobcat skid steers.
- Three forklifts.
- Hundreds of individual components.
- Five shop PCs loaded with the latest diagnostic software.
PCC's diesel shop is a 17,000-square-foot facility with state-of-the-art equipment and tooling. The shop is surrounded by four classrooms to easily accommodate the Lecture/Lab format of instruction which allows students to learn "hands on" how to diagnose and repair today's complex systems. We have a staffed tool room with all of the latest specialty equipment.